Simply take a ticket, enter the gated lot (PDF), and pay on your way out.
There are two ways to pay:
1) At the gate with a credit card.
2) At one of five pay stations, located in four areas:
1. The main hallway (near the main entrance);
2. Outside the Adult Emergency Department main entrance;
3. Cancer Care entrance;
4. Janeway entrances.
You can also pay at the booth on the main lot in cash to one of our friendly Customer Service Representatives.
For more information, or to contact the Parking office call: 709-777-7166.
Paying for Parking at the Health Sciences Centre
1. Keep your parking ticket with you while visiting the facility.
2. Before leaving the building, pay your ticket using cash or credit card at a Pay Station.
3. When leaving to avoid line ups, use the EXPRESS EXITS located at the rear of the main parking lot onto Clinch Crescent or Mosdell Road.
Thank you for your patience!
Overflow Parking Service
The overflow parking service is another parking option available to anyone visiting the Health Sciences Centre at times when the regular-use parking lots are full.
To use the service, follow posted signage and the guidance of overflow parking staff, who will assist you in using the service.
Please call the parking office at 709-777-7166 with any questions or feedback about the service. If your vehicle is currently parked with the overflow parking service, you can call 709-743-4208.
HOW IT WORKS:
1) Follow signage to approach the overflow parking area. Staff will guide you once you arrive at the area.
2) Observe an overflow parking staff member conduct a quick visual inspection of your vehicle.
3) Provide your keys for safe storage and receive a vehicle ticket stub.
4) Proceed inside. When finished, simply return to the overflow parking service area and present your vehicle ticket stub to retrieve your vehicle.*
*TIP: By calling or texting the overflow parking service 10 to 15 minutes ahead of your departure at 709-743-4208, you can ensure the fastest possible retrieval of your vehicle. This can be particularly convenient for you in inclement weather, as staff can have your vehicle started when you arrive.
Rates for Parking Violations
As of May 8, 2019, tickets for select parking violations under provincial government parking regulations at the Health Science Centre, including ‘parked without a permit,’ will increase from $10 to $20. The rate increase applies to the following parking violations: expired meter; parked without a permit; no parking anytime; parked in a crosswalk; parked in a bus stop; improperly parked; parked on sidewalk; parked on loading zone; and fail to display permit.
Eastern Health recognizes that parking at some of our facilities, including the Health Sciences Centre, can be challenging at times and is continuously exploring options to improve parking availability. The increase in cost will help to maximize parking spaces for clients, visitors and employees of Eastern Health and assist with some of the parking enforcement costs.
Eastern Health advises that parking costs are not increasing at the Health Sciences Centre; this fee increase applies only to the parking violations highlighted above