Did you know?
Eastern Health has a Department of Quality, Patient Safety and Risk Management. Staff in this department work closely with clinical programs to help you receive the safest care possible, and to make improvements in the quality of services. They also lead and support development of an organizational safety culture.
A strong safety culture supports:
- the promotion of excellence in service delivery;
- the quality of the client and employee experience; and
- the achievement of superior outcomes.
Your safety is our highest priority.
That is why we work every day to:
- identify and manage risks;
- improve the services we deliver;
- follow national safety standards; and
- review errors when they do occur so that we may learn and help prevent mistakes from happening again.