Occupational health nurses work across our health authority to promote and optimize employee health and well-being. Our multidisciplinary team works to deliver occupational health nursing services and programs, including:
- pre-placement health assessment and screening;
- health-care worker vaccinations;
- seasonal influenza vaccination campaign;
- blood and body fluid exposure management;
- guidance regarding communicable diseases (e.g. stomach flu, pink eye, influenza, etc.); and
- communicable disease contact tracing (e.g. N. meningitis, tuberculosis, group A strep, etc.).