Employees and physicians who are experiencing an Influenza like Illness (ILI), Gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms or illness, any other communicable disease, or have an exposure to a blood and body fluid, should report it to Occupational Health (OH) for further direction.
Central Occupational Health contact information
Telephone: 709-777-7777, pathway 3, then pathway 2.
Examples of communicable diseases that should be discussed with Occupational Health include:
- Novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Chicken pox and shingles
- Fifth’s disease (parovirus B19)
- Hand, foot & mouth disease (coxsackie virus)
- Invasive group A streptococcal disease
- Head lice
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA)
- N. Meningitidis
- Pertussis (whooping cough)
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Rubella (German measles)