Frequently asked questions about privacy and confidentiality

Eastern Health takes the responsibility of protecting the security and confidentiality of your personal health information and personal information very seriously. If Eastern Health identifies any concerns with the security or accuracy of your information, we will contact you.

Eastern Health is bound by the Personal Health Information Act (PHIA) and the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act (ATIPPA).

I want to know who has accessed my electronic medical record. How do I do this?

Any patient, client or resident of Eastern Health may request an audit of their electronic medical record. This audit will tell you who has accessed your medical record.

Every patient, client or resident of Eastern Health is entitled to know who has accessed their records, when they accessed the records and for what reasons.

There is no cost for requesting an audit. You can request an audit by contacting or by calling 709-777-8025. Please complete a request form and provide a valid copy of a government issued photo ID.

How do I request a Record of Visit (ROV) for income tax purposes?

A Record of Visit (RoV) history provides information for income tax purposes. It includes visits to all Eastern Health facilities captured using electronic registration. By default, Eastern Health will only provide the date(s) associated with visit(s) for the last calendar year. For the date(s) associated with visit(s) for a clinic/facility not operated by Eastern Health, you will need to contact the specific clinic/facility to learn what they require.

Please complete the following Ch-1511 RoV for Income Tax Purposes form (PDF), and submit it as specified within the form.

If you have questions, please call:

  • Bonavista – Clarenville area: 709-466-3411
  • Burin Peninsula area: 709-891-3452
  • Rural Avalon: 709-945-5278
  • Other Eastern Health regions: 709-752-3974

How do I request my personal health records?

Individuals who would like to request their person health records, can do so by completing the consent for release of medical information (ROI) form and following the submission instructions within it.

How do I request a copy of my immunization record?

Request a copy of your immunization record by calling 709-752-4894 or your local Public Health office.

I think a breach of information has happened. What do I do?

If you suspect your personal health information or personal information has been breached, please contact us immediately at or by calling 709-777-8025.

I have a privacy concern that I would like to discuss. Who should I contact?

To discuss any questions or concerns you have about how Eastern Health protects your personal health information, personal information and your rights to privacy as a patient, client or resident, please contact the Privacy, Planning and Performance Office at or 709-777-8025.

Share This Page:
Last updated: 2022-10-05