Current outbreaks or advisories
|Date declared||Location||Unit and/or program||Outbreak type||Contact information|
|There are no current outbreaks or precautions in effect.|
The current outbreak or advisory list is updated when a new precaution or restriction is declared for visitors at one of our facilities. When the outbreak or advisory is over, the facility is removed from the list.
Visitor precautions are a series of infection control measures put in place to reduce the risk of spreading infectious diseases which are common in health-care facilities. They are designed to keep residents, families, staff and visitors healthy and safe.
If a precaution or restriction is in effect, individuals should refrain from visiting that facility when possible, and immediate family members should contact the facility before visiting.
During the COVID-19, please see visiting during the COVID-19 pandemic to learn more.
What is immediate family for the purpose of visitation at an Eastern Health facility?
For the purpose of visitation to Eastern Health facilities, immediate family refers to a mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter, next of kin or significant other, as indicated by the patient or resident. In the case where there is no family, a friend can be identified by the patient or resident as a visitor. Patients and residents may also identify a care provider as approved by the site management.
We ask visitors to use our hand hygiene stations when they enter and exit our facilities, particularly if a reported outbreak or advisory is in effect.
Help to reduce the spread of illness:
- Do not visit if you are ill or are experiencing flu-like or gastrointestinal symptoms.
- Clean your hands before entering and after visiting your loved ones.
- Cover your coughs or sneezes with a tissue or with the crook of your arms.
- Refrain from touching your loved ones’ face.
- Check with nursing staff before you visit.
- Should you visit more than one resident at one visit, please ensure you take necessary precautions and repeat hand hygiene.
- Wear protective equipment, such as masks, gown and gloves for the duration of the visit, when advised by nursing staff. Nurses will show you how to properly apply and remove personal protective equipment.
Infection Prevention Resources