The number of entrances at Eastern Health facilities has been adjusted in an effort to manage and screen individuals upon entry.
We remind the public to maintain physical distancing while in our facilities.
Ambulatory care patients, individuals arriving at the emergency room, clients and visitors will be asked to perform hand hygiene, be given a procedural mask and screened for symptoms of COVID-19 upon entering Eastern Health facilities before proceeding to their appointments.
When arriving at Health Sciences Centre and Janeway Children’s Health and Rehabilitation Centre; St. Clare’s Mercy Hospital or Dr. G.B. Cross Memorial, patients are asked to follow the new directional signage and to enter the facility using the designated entrance for their appointment. In city hospitals, entrances are labelled with a large number visible on the outside of each entry point. Below is an entrance numbering key for city hospitals for reference.
During peak hours between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m., staff and physicians will enter the facility at identified staff entry points, some of which are also patient entry points.
- Health Sciences Centre and Janeway Children’s Health and Rehabilitation Centre
- St. Clare’s Mercy Hospital
- Dr. G.B. Cross Memorial
- Carbonear General Hospital
All visitors of patients to the Health Sciences Centre should enter through the Emergency entrance during all operational hours.
|1||HSC emergency entrance||Emergency patients, Medical Imaging, EKG, Cath Lab, Day Surgery Clients, support persons and visitors(All patients on weekends and after 4:00 p.m. on weekdays)|
|2||HSC main entrance||Patients from Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. only
(not including cancer care patients, or nuclear medicine and PET- CT patients)
|3||Cancer Care entrance||Cancer Centre patients only|
|5||HSC Nuclear Molecular Medicine entrance||Nuclear medicine and PET- CT patients, and medical imaging.|
|7||Janeway main entrance||All pediatrics patients, support persons or visitors, and any adult that is booked for an appointment at the Janeway site.|
|8||Janeway Parking Garage||Janeway Clinic appointments with accessible blue zone parking|
St. Clare’s Mercy Hospital
|1||Main entrance||Patients, support persons and visitors|
|2||Emergency room||Emergency room patients|
- When arriving at the Dr. G. B. Cross Memorial Hospital, patients are asked to enter the facility using the designated entrance for their appointment.
- Main entrance will be open between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. for the appointments outlined below.
- Effective July 20, 2020, if you are scheduled for visitation at the Dr. G. B. Cross Memorial Hospital, please check in at the main reception between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30p.m. If you are scheduled visitation after 4:30 p.m., please check in to the ER Reception before proceeding to the patient’s room.
Obstetrical/Gynecological (OBS) appointments:
Respiratory appointment, sleep studies
The emergency department entrance at Dr. G.B. Cross Memorial is for use by patients who are attending appointments for the following services:
- Medical imaging appointments:
- Bone Density
- Emergency services
- Pre-chemotherapy appointments
- Ambulatory care
- Surgical day care
|3||Clinic entrance||To be used if indicated by the clinic you are attending|
|4||Emergency department||To be used to access emergency department|