We, at Eastern Health, would like to reassure our patients, residents and clients that we are doing everything necessary to ensure that our critical services are adequately delivered, and that our employees and physicians are safe as we continue to respond to the COVID-19 outbreak.
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics
We are actively offering COVID-19 vaccine clinics. Please visit our vaccination page for the most up-to-date details on who can book an appointment and how, and other information.
Learn what you need to know about booking your COVID-19 vaccine (July 5, 2021, PDF).
For information on Newfoundland and Labrador’s reopening plan (starting June 15) please visit Together. Again. Reopening Newfoundland and Labrador (PDF). This plan includes detailed information on the requirements for entering the province for travellers as well as rotational workers (those who have been unvaccinated, partially vaccinated and fully vaccinated).
We are in Alert Level 2, and have increased services while respecting public health orders issued by the provincial Medical Officer of Health.
In addition to the urgent and emergent services, we are expanding outpatient visits, testing, surgery and procedures.
Patients are advised that they will be contacted by Eastern Health regarding their appointments/procedures and should only proceed to Eastern Health appointments/procedures that have been confirmed by phone or appointment letter. Postponed appointments will be rescheduled at a future date and patients will be contacted.
We understand this may be challenging for some patients, but we are balancing the need to continue certain urgent operations with the ability to keep our patients, staff and physicians safe while appropriately responding to COVID-19 health-care demands. We would like to thank patients for their continued support and understanding as we continue to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Individuals who are unable to book their appointment online, need to cancel or reschedule their appointment or who have any other questions regarding their COVID-19 vaccine appointments may call 1-833-951-3884, seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Individuals are advised to direct their questions about hospital appointments, COVID-19 testing appointments and general COVID-19 inquiries to the appropriate program area/department. A list of contact numbers for appointment inquiries as well as general information numbers/switchboards can be found on Eastern Health’s website.
- If you have any questions about your health, please contact your health provider directly.
- If you feel there has been a change in your health status, please contact your physician or nurse practitioner for an appointment. If you do not have a family doctor or a regular health provider, please call the NL Health Line at 811 / TTY 1-888-709-3555, to speak to a registered nurse 24 hours a day, seven days a week about any health issue or concern.
- If you are experiencing an emergency, please go the nearest emergency department, or call 911 for an ambulance.
- If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, please call 709-737-4668 or toll-free at 1-888-737-4668.