We, at Eastern Health, would like to reassure our patients, residents and clients that we are doing everything necessary to ensure that our critical services are adequately delivered, and that our employees and physicians are safe as we continue to respond to the COVID-19 outbreak.
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics
We are actively offering COVID-19 vaccine clinics. Please visit our vaccination page for the most up-to-date details on who can book an appointment and how, and other information.
Individuals who are unable to book their COVID-19 vaccine appointment online, need to cancel or reschedule their appointment or who have any other questions regarding their COVID-19 vaccine appointments may call 1-833-951-3884, seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
We have ongoing COVID-19 protocols and guidelines in place at hospitals and health-care facilities throughout the region:
- Visitor guidelines;
- Mask requirements; and
- Physical distancing.
These are necessary precautions designed to help keep patients, clients, residents, visitors, staff and physicians safe during the public health emergency in support of ongoing quality care for patients, clients and residents.
The public is reminded that appointments are required for COVID-19 testing clinics located across the region. Individuals are directed to complete the COVID-19 Self-Assessment and Referral Tool to help determine whether they should be tested for COVID-19. Individuals who cannot access the self-assessment tool are directed to contact 811. For more information, please visit the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador’s ‘Get Tested’ webpage via https://www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19/public-health-guidance/testing/get-tested/.
Self-Isolation Assessment Tool
For more information regarding self-isolation, please refer to the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador’s Self-Isolation Assessment Tool via https://www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19/public-health-guidance/self-isolation/assessment-tool/.
- Individuals are advised to direct their questions about hospital appointments, COVID-19 testing appointments and general COVID-19 inquiries to the appropriate program area/department. A list of contact numbers for appointment inquiries as well as general information numbers/switchboards can be found on Eastern Health’s website.
- If you have any questions about your health, please contact your health provider directly.
- If you feel there has been a change in your health status, please contact your physician or nurse practitioner for an appointment. If you do not have a family doctor or a regular health provider, please call the NL Health Line at 811 / TTY 1-888-709-3555, to speak to a registered nurse 24 hours a day, seven days a week about any health issue or concern.
- If you are experiencing an emergency, please go the nearest emergency department, or call 911 for an ambulance.
- If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, please call 709-737-4668 or toll-free at 1-888-737-4668.