Like a safety beacon, the Beacon app is a mobile application designed to improve the safety of Eastern Health’s workforce.
By downloading the Beacon app, employees, physicians and students:
- can receive important notifications wherever they are and be alerted in seconds of any critical situation within, or near, Eastern Health sites that affect them, e.g. COVID-19 staff updates or timely information on building closures due to adverse weather;
- have emergency quick response actions at their fingertips, as well as security contact information and resources; and
- access a ‘Friend Walk’ feature, which allows employees, physicians or students to share their real-time location virtually, with a contact, to help them get to their destination safely.
Eastern Health’s Beacon app can be used on any Android or iOS mobile device and it is completely safe and easy to use!
How to download the Beacon app?
The Eastern Health Beacon app has a two-part installation process:
|If you have an Apple device:||If you have an Android device:|
- Step-by-step download instructions for Apple and Android mobiles with graphics: Eastern Health Beacon app – download instructions (PDF).
- Beacon doesn’t work on your mobile? Please contact email@example.com.
- Forgot your Eastern Health credentials? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You need another download code for your Apple device? Please login to the app distribution portal.
Get a download code for Apple devices at: https://easternhealth.safety-info.ca/Subscribers/
Download instructions – step by step
Download the instructions on how to download and install the Beacon app.