Located next to the Health Sciences Centre, the Nuclear and Molecular Medicine facility is state-of-the-art.
It provides services which:
- Conveniently combine therapeutic and diagnostic nuclear and molecular medicine services at one site.
- Provide an adequate treatment space to run the Nuclear and Molecular Medicine Program.
- House Newfoundland and Labrador’s first positron emission tomography /computerized tomography Nuclear and Molecular Medicine Facility (PET/CT) scanner which provides essential imaging in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of many diseases.
- Provide its own radiopharmaceuticals through its newly commissioned cyclotron.
- Position Eastern Health for future research opportunities.