We understand that adolescence is a time of change and transition. It’s a bridge from childhood to adulthood marked by social, emotional and physical changes. These years present many unique challenges and stresses which can often impact youth's mental wellbeing.
We work collaboratively with youth, and their families, to build awareness, skills and the understanding needed to address mental health challenges.
What we do
- Focused, short-term individual psychotherapy
- Family therapy
- Skill building groups
- Psychiatric consultation
- Social worker
- Occupational therapist
- Administrative assistant
Who we see
- from the age of 13 to 18 years old;
- able to benefit from a focused, short-term intervention; and
- able to identify and articulate goals.
A referral must include:
- a clear description of the mental health problem or illness, and a clear description of the situation and why services are required.
Common reasons for referrals are:
- Low mood
- Suicidal ideation
- Self-harm behavior
- Poor coping skills
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Southcott Hall,5th Floor
100 Forest Road
St. John’s, NL A1E 1E5
General inquiries: (709) 777-7715