The Adult Day Program is designed for seniors 65 years of age and above, who have limited access to social or recreational opportunities, and who would benefit from the range of services offered. The goal of the program is:
- to provide seniors with an opportunity to interact with peers, engage in recreation activities and receive needed care and support services; and
- to give caregivers a much-needed break from their caregiving role and attend to their personal needs.
The program is offered 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in a safe, supportive and cheerful environment. Most participants attend one to two days a week. There are 20 spaces available each day. Services provided include:
- Personal care assistance with toileting and bathing.
- Nutritious meals that accommodate special diets.
- Planned recreational and social activities.
- Transportation may be available if person qualifies.
Respite Day Program
The respite day program is designed to meet the needs of seniors who have mild to moderate dementia or impaired social functioning. The participants in this program generally require more assistance and supervision than participants of the Adult Day Program.
The Respite Day Program is offered Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. There 20 spaces available each day.
For more information on the admission criteria and application process, please contact our Adult Day Program Program Coordinator, at (709) 752-8916, or see: