- We are the largest integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador
- We serve a regional population of approximately 293,795
- We provide the full continuum of health and community services, which includes public health, long-term care, community services and hospital care. Health and community-based services are offered through community-based offices, hospitals, nursing homes and medical clinics.
- In addition regional responsibilities, Eastern Health is responsible for provincial tertiary (high-level) health services through both its academic healthcare facilities and provincial programs such as organ procurement and air ambulance.
- We partner with a number of organizations – particularly Memorial University of Newfoundland and College of the North Atlantic – to educate the next generation of health professionals, advance knowledge, conduct research and improve patient, client and resident care.
- For the fiscal year 2009-2010 the organization had a budget of approximately $1 billion.
- We have over 13,000 employees and more than 700 doctors (approximately 200 of whom are employees)
- Our 2,000 volunteers provide about 59,400 hours of volunteer work each year.