Three long-term care options are available to individuals depending on their care needs:
- Personal care homes are licensed, privately owned and operated residential homes for senior citizens and older adults who need minimal to moderate assistance with activities of daily living (level of care 1 and 2.)
- Nursing homes are publicly funded facilities that offer care to people who need moderate to total assistance with daily functioning (level of care 3 and 4.)
- Protective Community Residences are publicly funded facilities that offer specialized care to people with dementia.
In addition to our long-stay residential services, the following services are provided in select locations throughout the region:
- Respite Care provides a planned rest for primary caregivers of individuals living in their home through a short-term admission at designated nursing homes and personal care homes.
- Day Program provides minimum support in a group setting to individuals living in their own homes or with relatives.
- Seniors Housing provide seniors and older adults with disabilities an affordable community based housing option.
- Meals on Wheels provides nutritious meals prepared in select nursing homes to seniors and adults with disabilities on an outreach basis.