Eastern Health is committed to ensuring that our staff and the services we provide are done so with the utmost professionalism. In order to help us to recruit the most suitable candidates for our organization several pre-employment conditions are required.
Checklist for New Employees
Following is a list of required tasks that we recommend you complete immediately upon receiving your offer of employment with Eastern Health:
- Make an appointment with your personal physician to have pre-employment medical forms (supplies by Human Resource Consultant) completed and signed (2 weeks or more before start date or as soon as you receive an offer of employment).
- Make an appointment with the Occupational Health Nurse to have pre-employment medical forms reviewed (1 week or more before start date). The phone number to arrange this appointment will be on the pre-placement medical form.
- Apply to the local police/RCMP for your Satisfactory Certificate of Conduct (Vulnerable Sector Check may also be required). This can take up to 10 business days to be completed.
- Attend the scheduled appointment with Human Resources Client Services to sign payroll and benefit forms. (Details will be stated in employment letter)
- At General Orientation, new employees are required to sign an oath of confidentiality. Read Easten Health's Privacy and Confidentiality policy.
- New employees are required to complete on-line training regarding the Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), and provide proof of same, before commencement of employment. Details will be provided in your employment letter and from your HR Consultant.
Following is the documentation that must be submitted to Human Resources-Recruitment at least TWO business days prior to your start date. Please note that failure to submit these documents may delay your start of employment with Eastern Health.
- High school diploma (or equivalency) and/or Educational documents
- Satisfactory Certificate of Conduct (Vulnerable Sector Check may also be required).
- Signed Letter of Offer
- Basic Life Support (BLS)/First Aid Certificate (if required)
- Social Insurance Number (SIN) Card
- Professional License and registration (if required)
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA) certificate
If you have any questions or concerns, please call 777-7777, ext. 12
Congratulations on your new position, and welcome to Eastern Health!