More than 1,200 dynamic and energetic volunteers from 14 years old to adults of all ages are committed to providing quality care and service throughout Eastern Health each and every day. Our volunteers make a difference in the lives of our patients, residents, clients and visitors and staff. Whatever your motivations for volunteering are or the volunteer role you choose, the impact of your contribution will have a far-reaching effect to those people within the Eastern Health community and beyond. The staff of Volunteer Resources is committed to providing you and all volunteers with the support needed for a stimulating, challenging and rewarding volunteer experience.
Benefits of Volunteering in Eastern Health
The benefits of volunteering in Eastern Health are many and include:
- Contributing to the health and well-being of the patients, clients, residents of Eastern Health;
- Opportunities to network with health professionals and other volunteers and support patients, clients, residents and their families;
- Opportunities to learn and gain valuable experiences in various health care and service areas;
- Access to training and education opportunities related to your volunteer placement – check for available opportunities with your Volunteer Coordinator;
- Access to scholarships, bursaries, student summer placements (site specific)
- Obtaining experience for moving into the paid workforce and references for resumes;
- Support for your health, including access to health screening and free flu vaccinations;
- Recognition from patients, clients, residents, the public, other volunteers and Eastern Health staff;
- Meeting new friends and best of all…having fun!