Is something we can all get involved in...
Whether you are a health professional, a member of a community service club or group, a parent, a neighbour, a town councilor, a student, a teacher or a minister, we all have a role to play in health promotion.
Discussions about health promotion can take place in many settings such as schools, communities, hospitals, workplaces, family resource centres, community centres, youth centres, churches, town council offices, recreation centres and seniors clubs. Health promotion is happening all around us!
Health Promotion happens when we:
- provide support, education and information to help people make healthy choices;
- create safe and enjoyable environments for work and play;
- encourage people to get involved and take action in decisions that affect their community’s health;
- make public laws and rules that keep health in mind; and
- create services that change the focus from illness to wellness.
For more information please contact the Health Promotion Division:
||(709) 466-6302 |
||(709) 945- 6575|