Top Left Logo
Mental Health and Addictions Healthy People, Healthy Communities
Skip Navigation Links
For Health Professionals
Contact Us

Spacer Spacer Spacer Spacer
Index      Small Text Medium Text Large Text  

Counselling Options


Doorways provides rapid access to mental health and addictions counselling services ‘one session at a time.' While most Doorways locations offer a walk-in service, some locations provide same-day or next day services or appointments by phone. Walk-in counselling services are available without an appointment or referral.

If further counselling is required, staff will work with you to provide access to additional services and supports.

Doorways is not an emergency service. In an emergency, call 911 or the Mental Health Crisis Line at 1-888-737-4668, or proceed to the nearest emergency department.

To find a Doorways service in your area, click on the location listing below or call the Healthline at 811 and a Healthline nurse will provide you with a contact number.
DoorWays locations and times (PDF, February 2020)
Notice: DoorWays St. John's will now be operating on the following schedule: Mon, Wed, Fri 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (last appointment booked at 3:30 pm); Tues, Thurs 11:00 am - 7 pm (last appointment booked at 6:00 pm).

For more info about DoorWays and location schedules, please visit:

If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, please call Newfoundland and Labrador’s Mental Health Crisis Line at 1-888-737-4668.
Community Counsellors
Counsellors are available to support individuals who have mental health or substance use concerns as well as family/friends who are affected.  
Please don’t hesitate to contact us regarding:
Alcohol and Drugs
Anxiety and Stress
Mental Illness
Gender and Identity
Eating Disorders
Fear and Phobias
Grief and Loss
Sexual, Physical and Emotional Abuse
Family Issues
Or any other concern that is affecting your mental health and well-being.
To find a counsellor near you: 
  • Visit and review the service directory.
  • Call the HealthLine at 811 and a nurse will provide you with a contact number.

Counselling for an Eating Disorder 
Counselling Referral Forms
Ch-0016 Referral Form Mental Health and Addictions Services (Editable, PDF) 
  • For children and youth, complete form and fax to: (709) 777-2211
  • For adults, complete form and fax to: (709) 752-6852, or submit by email


Updated Mar 25, 2020